The Evergreen Theatre at the Recreation Complex is a multi functional performance facility that offers various seating and performance configurations. Operated by the City of Powell, the Evergreen Theatre is well suited for musical performances, theatre productions, conventions, seminars and film presentations. With up to date sound and lighting systems, excellent acoustics, dressing and rehearsal rooms, it has been serving the artistic performance needs of the Community since 1975.
Many events occur annually at the Evergreen Theatre including the Pacifc Region International Summer Music Academy, Festival of the Performing Arts, International Choral Kathaumixw, Powell River Film Festival, and many more community funded events and performances. The City of Powell River was named the 2004 Cultural Capital of Canada.
As the largest theatre in Powell River, it can accommodate performances for up to 720 guest and for more intimate shows, it can be converted to a comfortable 240 seat compact theatre. A full compliment of theatre technicians can assist in the delivery of your next performance.
For booking information, please contact the Facility Booking Clerk at 604-485-8909.
If you have accessibility requirements, please contact our Facility Booking Clerk prior to purchasing your theatre tickets.
Relive the Music – 50’s & 60’s Rock N’ Roll
- Monday, November 14th at 7:30pm.
- Tickets available for purchase at the Recreation Complex.
- $52.50 GST included.
- Back by popular demands with new members, music more fun than when you last saw us. 50’s, & 60’s rock opera musical concert with a Broadway feel with band, singers, dancers, tributes, video and trivia. A one of a kind show that takes the audience through music history, trivia, and memories.
- Millennials buy tickets to this show for your parents and grandparents, they will have a blast with memories.
- 19 standing ovations in a row, sold out shows, Grandma wants to party after watching this show.
- A one of a kind show that takes the audience through Music History, Trivia & Memories of the 50s & 60s. You will learn many things you never knew about these artists. You will see an energetic band, amazing frontline singers and dancers transforming and re-living through two decades of music, costumes, trends and dancing along with informative video imagery in the background.
- Performing HITS from Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash, Frank Sinatra, Doris Day, Patti Page, Dean Martin, Fats Domino, Little Richard, The Rolling Stones, Steppenwolf, Led Zeppelin, The Platters, Bill Haley and the Comets, Elvis, Paul Anka, Patsy Cline, Jerry Lee Lewis, Ritchie Valens, Buddy Holly, Ricky Nelson, Chuck Berry, Connie Francis, The Beach Boys, Chubby Checker, Dion, The Chordettes, Nat King Cole, Aretha Franklin, The Four Seasons, The Beatles, The Temptations, The Supremes, The Rolling Stones, Sonny and Cher, The Shirelles, The Righteous Brothers, The Marvelettes, The Angles, Nancy Sinatra, The Ronettes, The Ventures, Tina Turner, Neil Diamond, and more…
- The audience will see silhouettes of a band onstage, video will roll in the background with the big voice guy narrator describing trivia about the upcoming artist or song without mentioning the names. There will be a pause. The audience is encouraged to shout out their guess of what song is coming up. Let the party begin.
- We sorted through 20 years of over a thousand songs into one show. The main criteria was to trim it to hit songs that are still relevant and memorable to this day. We made our pick of songs that we feel will never get old.
- See more information at www.relivethemusic.ca