Patron Code of Conduct
Reason for Policy:
The City’s Parks, Recreation and Culture department enhances community wellbeing through the provision of services and equitable access to parks, recreation, and culture opportunities.
The Patron Code of Conduct is a statement of expectations required of all persons accessing City-owned or operated Recreation Facilities. Patrons are to take responsibility for maintaining a safe and respectful environment for all persons, including the public and City employees. This policy also applies to the relationships between the City and members of community User Groups.
This policy defines prohibited behaviours in Recreation Facilities and outlines the measures of enforcement to be used to address it.
Patron’s Code of Conduct:
- I am responsible for and will control my actions at all times or I will leave the facility.
- I will treat all others and this facility with respect.
- I will interact in this facility in a safe and courteous manner that respects the rights of others. Unacceptable behaviours include loitering in a manner that interferes with others, intimidating others, bullying, swearing, roughhousing, or disregard of facility rules.
The following behaviour is prohibited, including but not limited to:
• Substance Abuse &/or Intoxication
• Alcohol Use without Proper Permitting
• Harassment • Discrimination
• Physical Assault
• Disturbing the Peace or Unruly Conduct
• Contravention of other Federal, or Provincial laws, City By-laws or policies that constitute inappropriate behaviour
To view the City of Powell River’s full Patron Code of Conduct Policy, please CLICK HERE