Update: September 24, 2021
Masks must be worn in all indoor public spaces throughout B.C. to help slow the transmission of COVID-19. Please note that you are NOT required to wear your masks while engaged in physical activity.
Beginning today, September 13th, showing proof of vaccination, at least one dose, is required for participating in some of our recreation services. As of October 24th, customers must be fully vaccinated with two doses of COVID-19 vaccine to enter. It is anticipated that this entry requirement will be in place until January 31, 2022 and could be modified as per the direction of the PHO.
For further clarification on the PHO order, as it pertains to accessing the Powell River Recreation Complex:
Proof of vaccination will be required for the following:
- Admission to the weight room
- Attending a fitness class/program
- Attending adult indoor organized recreational sports & recreational programs (rec hockey, pickleball, table tennis)
- Spectators (12+) at indoor ticketed and non-ticketed sporting events, including youth sports, with more than 50 spectators
- Indoor concerts, theatre, and dance events with more than 50 people
Proof of vaccination is NOT required for:
- Children & Youth under 22 years participating in recreation programs (swim lessons, dance, music, & craft classes)
- Adult indoor recreation classes under 50 people (cooking, fishing 101, hunting 101)
- Public Swimming & Public Skating (unless it pertains to an event with 50+ people)
- Parents/guardians accompanying children/youth to their activity
Please ensure that you have your official proof of vaccination and government issued photo ID ready before entering the facility. Please allow for extra time for processing. We will update with any new information as it is received.
For more information, or how to acquire your vaccine card, please visit the Government of British Columbia website here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
Please ensure that you have your official proof of vaccination and government issued photo ID ready before entering the facility. Please allow for extra time for processing.
We will update with more detailed information as it is received. Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we adapt to the new procedures.
You no longer need to pre-register for your fitness, swim, gym, or pickleball sessions. Participants are still required to pre-register for programs.
Our current hours are Monday – Friday from 6:00am – 8:30pm and Saturday & Sunday from 8:00am – 8:30pm. We will be closed for Statutory Holidays.