Update: November 22, 2021
Due to a change to the Provincial Health Officer’s (PHO) order that now requires all spectators in the aquatic centre to show Proof of Vaccination (PoV), the city is taking additional measures to enhance these protocols moving forward. As of Monday, November 29, 2021, all participants in aquatic centre activities ages 12 and over will be required to show Proof of Vaccination. Participants in youth sport or child/youth programs are exempt.
You may view the City of Powell River Press Release here: November 22, 2021
Masks must be worn in all indoor public spaces throughout B.C. to help slow the transmission of COVID-19. Please note that you are NOT required to wear your masks while engaged in physical activity. This applies to all people born in 2016 or earlier (5+).
As of October 24th, customers must be fully vaccinated with two doses of COVID-19 vaccine to participate in some of our programs and events. It is anticipated that this entry requirement will be in place until January 31, 2022 and could be modified as per the direction of the PHO.
For further clarification on the PHO order, and additional measures taken by the city as it pertains to accessing the Powell River Recreation Complex:
Proof of vaccination will be required for the following:
- Public Swimming
- Public Skating
- Admission to the weight room
- Attending a fitness class/program
- Attending adult indoor organized recreational sports & recreational programs (rec hockey, pickleball, table tennis)
- All Spectators (12+) at indoor ticketed and non-ticketed sporting events, including youth sports, watching swim lessons, public skating, etc.
- Indoor concerts, theatre, and dance events with more than 50 people
- Volunteers assisting with programs and events
Proof of vaccination is NOT required for:
- Children & Youth under 22 years participating in recreation programs (swim lessons, dance, music, & craft classes)
- Adult indoor recreation classes under 50 people (cooking, fishing 101, hunting 101)
Please ensure that you have your official proof of vaccination and government issued photo ID ready before entering the facility. Please allow for extra time for processing. We will update with any new information as it is received.
For more information, or how to acquire your vaccine card, please visit the Government of British Columbia website here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
Please ensure that you have your official proof of vaccination and government issued photo ID ready before entering the facility. Please allow for extra time for processing.
We will update with more detailed information as it is received. Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we adapt to the new procedures.
You no longer need to pre-register for your fitness, swim, gym, or pickleball sessions. Participants are still required to pre-register for programs.
Our current hours are Monday – Friday from 6:00am – 8:30pm and Saturday & Sunday from 8:00am – 8:30pm.