Powell River Recreation Complex – Restart Plan
We are facing a unique set of circumstances due to COVID-19. Since our facility closure in March, preparations have been underway for the reopening of the Powell River Recreation Complex which will occur in phases until further restrictions are lifted and we return to normal operations.
The Powell River Recreation Complex Restart Plan is designed to align with the response and recovery approach of the Province of BC which includes identifying and establishing steps to minimize the risk of exposure to the coronavirus for employees and the public using the strategies and protocols. Our restart is dependent on provincial, regional, and regulatory bodies affirming it is safe to do so and upon employees and the public following the safety plans that have been established.
Municipal governments are guided by the direction of local, provincial and federal health authorities on matters related to public health and this restart plan will be continually monitored and evaluated based upon directives issued by the Province of BC, The Public Health Officer, and Vancouver Coastal Health Authority. Moving forward, we will continue taking direction from the Provincial Health Officer and health authorities and any measures taken by the City will be aligned with their recommendations.
Please find information below regarding the impacts to the City of Powell River’s Parks, Recreation, and Culture department. For general inquiries send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For the most up to date information about the City’s response to COVID-19, please visit www.powellriver.ca
Recreation Programs, Facility Rentals, & Refunds
- Recreation Programs
We hope to continue to add more programming, and will update accordingly. Health & Fitness, Community Recreation, and Arena programs are now open for registration. Please see program information below.
- Recreation Facilities
The weight room is currently open for hourly bookings. Current time slots to choose from are:
Please read the following press release for registration procedures for the weight room. City of Powell River Media Release, June 29, 2020.
The Powell River Bike and Skateboard Park and municipal parks and playgrounds remain open. The Powell River Recreation Complex Aquatic Centre remains closed.
The Arena ice is now open for registered programs and ice bookings.
- Previously Registered Recreation Programs & Memberships
For clients with current memberships, your memberships will automatically be extended. In the meantime, check out how we can stay virtually connected and check out our page that includes a variety of games, activities, contests and more. Check back often as we will be continually updating our content.
- Facility Rentals
For more information on facility bookings please call 604 485-8901 or email email@example.com
Parks & Trails
- As of June 1, Playgrounds and Willingdon Beach Campsite will reopen. City of Powell River Media Release, May 27, 2020.
- Beginning on May 14, BC Parks will start to reopen the majority of provincial parks and protected areas and marine parks. Visit BC Parks for the most up to date information.
- On June 1, Willingdon Beach, Shelter Point, Haywire Bay, and Dinner Rock will reopen.
- On June 1, BC Parks will re-open most provincial campgrounds and back country camping. Visit BC Parks for the most up to date information.
- Parks and trails in the qathet Regional District, Tla’amin Nation and the City of Powell River remain open.
- As of March 25th, all playgrounds are closed. City of Powell River Media Release, March 25 2020
- The Powell River Bike & Skateboard Park remains open, but could change based on direction from BC’s Provincial Health Officer
Events & Facility Bookings
- For information on facility bookings please call 604 485-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org